WFU

2019年5月12日 星期日

Time for Kids: China's dirty air





Hi! Everybody. My name is Yu, and today I want to introduce a story in Time for Kids called China's dirty air.

The children in Harbin, China, got a smog day on October 21. I don't really like a smog day because everyone can't see very far, and the smog day also means the air is very dirty, everyone should wear a mask. 

A thick haze made it hard to see beyond 50 yards. I think 50 yards is not many. It is about 45 meters. It forced officials to delay the flights and close the highways, because it is very dangerous to fly airplanes and drive car on smog days. 

It says pollution is a very big problem in a lot of Chinese cities, especially in the northeast. The dirty air is caused by fuel used to run factories and vehicles. Things get worse in the Winter, when the coals burned to keep the home warm. Burning coals will make smoke so it will make dirty air.

There is no easy fix for China's pollution, and it will cost 817 billion dollars to get rid of pollution. I think 817 billion dollars is a lot.

I think Taiwan's air is better than China. We need to protect our clean air. We need to plant trees in the park. Everyone doesn't want to have dirty air. You can only stay at home and do nothing.

I like the stories from Time for Kids, and I hope you enjoy this new report, too. Please ask me the question that you don't know. I will try to answer. There are still a lot of interesting topics in Time for Kids.

I think today I felt happy, because today I introduced a news report in Time for Kids. If you want to see more blogs about the Time for Kids story, please give it a like under the blog. See you in next blog. Goodbye!