WFU

2019年5月13日 星期一

Tomorrow will be the Speaking Contest







Hi! Everybody. My name is Yu. Today I am going to say a thing to everybody. Tomorrow will be the speaking contest. I am so nervous. I want to have a perfect score. I want to be in the final contest. The final contest will be harder but the reward will be better. I will practice a lot today. I can recite the story. The story is below.


Meatloaf / by Anonymous Author


My mother made a meatloaf, but I think she made it wrong. It could be that she cooked it just a little bit too long.

She pulled it from the oven, and we all began to choke. The meatloaf was on fire and the kitchen filled with smoke.

The smoke detectors squealed (Beep beep). At all the flaming meatloaf haze. My father used his drink to try extinguishing the blaze.

Mom shrieked and dropped the meatloaf. It exploded with a boom, and splattered blackened globs on every surface in the room. 

The dog passed out. The kitten hid. My brother screamed and fled. The baby ate a piece of meatloaf sticking to her head.

My father started yelling, and my sister went berserk, but I kept cool and said,'At least our smoke detectors work'.

Thank you for listening.

-End-


I think this is a very long and funny story. Can you recite it? Tell me under the blog. 

I think today I felt happy because today I told everybody that I need to have a contest tomorrow. I hope you like the story. See you in next blog. Goodbye!