WFU

2019年12月4日 星期三

The Spelling Bee contest!





Hi, everybody. My name is Yu and today I want to tell everybody about the Spelling Bee contest today. This is maybe the craziest day I had. I think it is a little bit too crazy.

All of the classes had the Spelling Bee contest today, but there was a huge delay so when we were going home, it was already 8 o'clock which was very late.

At 4:30 pm, the class started and we were practicing our Spelling Bee in our classroom which was on the third floor. Then we went to the second floor and practice our Spelling Bee.

We waited for a very long time. We waited from 5 o'clock (The time we should start our Spelling Bee contest) to 6 o'clock (I should be going to the math class). Then it is time for another class to start their contest. So we waited until 6:40 pm. Then finally it's our time to start.

We went downstairs and we were nervous, but when we saw that there were only a few parents, we were not so nervous. I was surprised that nobody was out in part 1.

We finished the whole paper easily like this.



So we have to do it again like this.




Then there is nothing for us to spell. So they use Word List. There were still 5 people on the stage. Then a person misspelled a word so only 4 people were on the stage. Then the judge asked, "How do you spell tennis?" The first person spelled it wrong. The second person also spelled it wrong. The third person spelled it wrong, either, but unfortunately, I spelled it right and I spelled another word right so I got a triple kill and the champion!

I got a certificate and 1500 points so I am very happy.




Then it was my sister's class' contest. I watched the contest and my sister also got the champion. Then it was at 8 o'clock. My mom came and took my sister and me home.

I think today was crazy because the competition is so intense. This is the first time I didn't go to the math class on Wednesday.

I think today I felt happy because today my sister and I both got the champion. I also didn't go to my math class so I think that is funny. See you guys in the next blog. Goodbye!!!