WFU

2021年6月1日 星期二

World Champion: VEX-IQ 2020-2021 Rise Above Design Award





Hello, everybody. My name is Yu. Today I am going to tell you about the VEX-IQ Worlds 2020-2021. We got the Design Award in the competition. We also got lots of different awards this season. We got two Excellence Awards, two Design Awards, one Robot Skill Champion, one Robot Skill 2nd Place, and two Teamwork Second Place Awards.




There are a few reasons that we could get the Design Award. The first one is our engineering notebook. We took notes of every class we had, the changes to our robots or code, and the competitions that we participated in.

The second reason is the interview. We practiced lots of times so we don't get nervous. The third reason is that we are really honest. When I was doing the auto program, the risers almost went inside the box, the referee asked us if the risers are in. We said that they aren't in. Then, the referee said, "Thank you for your honesty."

We didn't get the points that we expected to get in the competition. We were expected to get 351 points, which would make us the first place. We got 287 points at last. But sometimes the first place doesn't get any awards like this time. The Excellence Award this time is ranked 11.




Now I am going to tell you about what I think I can improve in the next season because we will be participating in the Middle School Division. I think I need to be less nervous when I am in a competition.

Today I am happy because I told you how we got the Design Award at VEX-IQ Worlds. I am very happy about the award. We prepared for a long time, and it was worth it. We will compete in the Middle School Division next season, and I hope we can become a stronger team.