WFU

2022年3月12日 星期六

VEX IQ Taiwan Open Skills 1st place, 1st place on World Skills Rankings






Hello, everyone, my name is Yu. Today I want to share my trip and the process of the Taiwan Open Skills Only Competition, which we got the first place in Taiwan and also the world.

This competition is held in Yilan on Saturday. Our trip started on Friday at about 10:00 p.m. We arrived at our hotel in Yilan at about 12:30 a.m. So we have to sleep quickly and prepare for tomorrow's competition.

At the hotel, we took showers and eat snacks. Then we slept at about 1:30 a.m. which is pretty late.

We woke up at 8:30 a.m. and ate our breakfast. After that, we drove from the hotel to the competition venue.

We arrive there pretty early so we can see other teams do their skill matches which is pretty fun. At 11:20, we went into the stadium and were ready to do the skill matches.




In our first practice match, one of our motor shafts broke into two parts. We were surprised but quickly fixed the problem. I think we were very lucky because we found that problem when we were practicing and not when we are having a formal run.

After we fixed the problem, we practiced one more time and we didn't get the full score. So I asked my sister if we should practice one more time, but she thought we could go for the formal run, so we did.

We were pretty nervous at the beginning, but we managed to get full scores on the driver skills.

Now it's time for the autonomous. We practiced a lot because the field there wasn't really flat. Then we made our first attempt in autonomous. We got 113 points on the first attempt, which is very nice.

Then we had only ten minutes left so we have to use the last two attempts quickly. We did another one but it didn't turn out well. We fixed the code and made another run. We got a total of 114 points. We felt happy.

When we were ready to go home, the team that got teamwork champion with us in the LRT competition wanted to know more about our robot, so we introduced our robot.




And then it's time to go home! We were very happy about the trip. Now we are "currently" the first place in LRT and first place on the World Skills Ranking!

I think today I felt happy because I participated in a competition and get pretty good scores. I want to thank my parents, my sister, my teacher, and judges and referees that made the competition possible.